Whether you are hitting the trail or just having a fun spin with your mountain bike, proper gear will make your trip more exciting. Indeed, cycling is a fun hobby and a healthy habit. People who ride their bicycle regularly-either commuting to and from work or participating in racing events-live longer and have a level of fitness comparable to being 10 years younger. In fact, according to many fitness practitioners, regular cycling can help you lose weight, reduce stress, and boost health.
Whatever your reason may be for engaging in such a sport, the key point to a successful ride is choosing the proper gear. Appropriate equipment determines the success of your journey, especially when you are taking the long road.
Here are the reasons why:
- They keep you comfortable during your entire ride. Thus, they help you to keep moving while enjoying the trip.
- They can help you perform at your best-whether on rocky trail or grassy plain.
- They are designed to fit the body well, and they appropriate for riding even on a long journey. Jerseys usually have front zip so you can control the temperature. Others even have back pockets so you can carry your necessary essentials.
- They are made to easily wick moisture, which means they easily dry and help cool the body-helping you to feel refreshed without changing cycle clothing.
- They offer UV-protection against the many harmful effects of ultraviolet rays to human health, such as sunburn.
- They are made for safety.
Most are brightly coloured, others are even luminescent to increase visibility especially when you are biking at night.
Some Specific Features
- Shorts - They usually have added stretch to help the person gain movement freedom. They are easily distinguishable from ordinary shorts since they comfortably fit well to the contour of the legs and hips. Also, they have a padded crotch liner characteristic-to wick moisture, cushion bumps, and reduce friction.
- Jerseys – Some brands look much the same with regular tops but proper gear include detailed features like technical fabrics and specialised texture to support performance. Some designs have stand-up collar to seal body heat especially in cold temperature. Zips are also put in place to manage ventilation as heat increases.
- Jackets – They can keep the person dry and warm, depending on the extremity of the conditions.
- Sunglasses – Their primary function is to protect the eye from irritating dust, wind, sun glare, and bugs on the road.
- So, if you want to make your journey more interesting and fun, make sure to arm yourself with proper gear.